- Use older eggs
- Start hot! Boil water and then add the eggs gently
- Reduce to a low simmer for 13 minutes for large eggs.
- Cool rapidly in an ice bath
- Crack eggs all over, then set back in ice bath while you crack the rest.
- Run under cold water to peel
Halve eggs lengthwise with a non-serrated knife. Gently remove yolks and place in medium sized mixing bowl. Mash yolks and add:
3 Tbsp Mayonnaise
1 tsp prepared mustard
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp vinegar
1 Tbsp minced celery
Mix thoroughly and put in piping bag with large star tip. Place whites onto serving plate and sprinkle with salt. Pipe yolk mixture into halved whites and serve sprinkled with paprika or minced chives.