Saturday, February 28, 2009

Mom's Sugar Cookies- Even Better than Before!


2 Cups Margarine or Butter
3 Cups Sugar
4 Eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
8 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder

Cream the butter and sugar together. Add in the eggs one at a time, stirring after each addition. Cream well. Stir in vanilla. Mix salt, baking soda, baking powder into flour. Add flour into batter. Divide dough and form into flat disks. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill at least 1 hour. I usually chill overnight. This dough freezes beautifully. Roll dough out ¼ inch thick and cut into shapes. Bake at 350 degrees for 9-10 minutes. I bake until edges are slightly golden.

1 comment:

Straps by Leslie said...

Hi! I wasn't sure how else to contact you. I wanted you to know that you won the camera strap from the giveaway at Straps by Leslie's blog!! Congrats!! Please let me know what style you want and what fabric!!