Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Zucchini Soup



I think this may be the recipe that appeases my love of zucchini and my husband's love of crumbled bacon! I can't wait to try it. I found the original at The Sisters' Cafe, check them out for more yummy recipes.
1 cup chopped onions
1-2 Tbsp. butter
3 cups sliced zucchini
2 cups chicken broth
1/4 t. salt
1/8 t. pepper
½ cup half-and-half or milk
1 cup grated cheddar cheese (optional)
1/2 cup sour cream (optional)
4 slices bacon, cooked until crisp, then crumbled

In a large saucepan saute onions & zucchini in melted butter. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Simmer until tender (about 15 min.) Add salt and pepper. Cool slightly. Pour mixture into blender and puree it. Stir in half-and-half (or milk). Return to saucepan and reheat, but do not boil. Garnish with grated cheese, sour cream, and bacon bits. Makes 6 servings.

No comments: