Pop popcorn until you have 5-6 quarts (20-24 cups).
Put in brown paper grocery bag
Mix in large glass bowl:
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Square Margarine
¼ tsp Salt
¼ Cup Karo Syrup
Heat mixture in microwave on high for 1 ½ minutes.
Remove and stir.
Put back in the microwave for 2 minutes.
Remove, ad ½ tsp baking soda, stir well.
Pour over popped popcorn in paper bag and stir or shake.
Roll top of paper bag and put in microwave for 30 seconds.
Remove and shake to further distribute caramel.
Shake popcorn onto cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
Boil chicken breasts until cooked through. Save broth off chicken; cool. Saute chopped onions and celery in butter. Mix in cream cheese. Cube chicken add to mixture. Unroll crescent rolls. Starting at wide end of triangle, place about 2 Tbsp. chicken mixture and roll. Dip into melted butter and then roll into crumbs.
Place on cookie sheet or 9X13 pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 Minutes.
Sauce: Mix and warm soup, milk, and broth. Pour over chicken rolls when ready to serve. Garnish with shredded cheese.
2 tablespoons butter 1 pkg RICE-A-RONI® Spanish Rice 1 (16-ounce) jar salsa, or 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes or 1 (14-1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained and chopped 3 chicken breasts, cut into thin strips or diced 1 cup canned black or red kidney beans, drained and rinsed 1 cup corn, drained 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas, warmed Shredded cheddar cheese, optional Sour cream, optional
• In large skillet, over medium-high heat, melt margarine. Saute rice mix until vermicelli is golden brown. • Slowly stir in 2 cups water, salsa, chicken and Special Seasonings. Bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat to low. • Simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender and chicken is no longer pink inside. • Stir in beans and corn; let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve in tortillas with cheese and sour cream, if desired.
1 pt. sour cream
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 lb. cheddar cheese
3 cups cooked chicken
1 can green chilies
3 chopped green onions (optional)
1 package flour tortillas
• Mix sour cream, chicken, soup and chilies.
• Mix cheese and onion spread a little soup mixture on bottom of a 9x13 pan. Fill tortillas with chicken mixture and cheese. Roll up and place in pan. Cover with more soup mix and cheese.
• Bake at 350 ° for 30 minutes.
¾ tsp. dill weed ½ tsp. lemon pepper seasoning ¼ tsp. garlic powder ½ tsp. salt
• Put fish in a shallow dish, sprinkle with the seasonings. • Mix the following to make marinade and pour over fish:
¼ cup brown sugar 3 Tbsp. chicken broth 3 Tbsp. soy sauce 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil 3 Tbsp. chopped green onion
• Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or more, turning once. • To Grill: Place fish skin side down on grill over medium heat. Cover & Cook 15-20 min till it flakes easily. • To Broil: Place fish on greased broiling pan. Broil 3-4 inches from heat for 6-8 minutes, (or try further away for longer) flesh side up, then turn for a few min, then turn back over.
1 package (6 oz.) Chicken Stuffing 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 11/4 lbs) 1 can (10 ¾ oz.) condensed cream of mushroom soup 1/3 cup sour cream or milk
• Mix stuffing as directed; set aside. • Place chicken in 12x18 inch baking dish. Mix soup and sour cream; pour over chicken and top with stuffing. • Bake at 375 ° for 35 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
1 lb. Hamburger 1 tsp. Chili powder ½ tsp. Oregano 2 Tbsp. brown sugar 1 tsp. Salt 1 medium onion, chopped 1 small can tomato sauce 3 small cans water 1 small can tomato paste (Substitute meat/sauce with canned chili if you must)
• Simmer 40 minutes, then add 1 cup cooked rice (to further the amount) • Top with Fritos chips, cheese, avocados, lettuce, tomato, olives & sour cream
6 oz cooked fettuccine 1 cup fresh or frozen broccoli 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine 1 lb cubed chicken breasts 1 can cream of mushroom soup ½ cup milk ½ cup grated parmesan cheese ¼ tsp. freshly ground pepper opt. chicken broth if dry
• Prepare fettuccine according to package directions, add broccoli for last 4 minutes of cooking time, drain. • Heat butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. • Add chicken and cook until brown, stirring often. • Add soup, milk, cheese, pepper, and fettuccine mixture. • Heat through, stirring occasionally. (serves 4)
1 ¼ cup rice 1 can cream of chicken soup 1 can cream of mushroom soup 1 can water 1 package onion soup mix chicken breasts
• Mix canned soups, water, and rice in ob long pan. • Sprinkle with ¾ onion soup mix, stir. • Place chicken on rice and sprinkle remaining onion soup. • Cover tightly with foil. • Bake 2 hours at 325 °
2 cups cooked, diced chicken 1 can cream of chicken soup ½ cup mayonnaise ½ tsp. lemon juice ½ package broccoli, cooked one minute (or 3-4 cups blanched fresh broccoli 1 package prepared stuffing
• Mix together soup, lemon juice, mayonnaise, and chicken. • Layer ¾ of stuffing on bottom of pan, then drained broccoli, then chicken mixture. Sprinkle top with remaining stuffing. • Bake at 350° for 45 minutes
Andrea’s Cranberry Cups Drain a 20 oz can of pineapple, reserving juice. Add enough water to juice to measure 2-1/2 cups; pour into saucepan. Bring to boil. Pour over 2, 3-oz packages of raspberry gelatin in large bowl; stir 2 min. until completely dissolved.
Add 1 -16 oz can jellied cranberry sauce ½ cup sugar Blend until smooth.
To cranberry mixture add: 1 large grated apple (or around 1 cup) ½ cup walnuts, chopped 1 cup crushed pineapple
Set silicone baking cups on a cookie sheet and fill nearly to the top. Chill until set, remove from cups and serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
Bonnie's Cranberry Set Salad Combine 2 cups boiling water with 1-6 oz pkg cherry or raspberry jello. Add 2 cups ice, chill. When partially set, add:
1 -16 oz can jellied cranberry sauce 1/4 tsp salt 1/2 cup sugar
Blend until smooth. To cranberry mixture add: 1 large grated apple 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped 1 cup (1 small can) crushed, undrained pineapple
Pour into 9x13 glass dish, makes 10-12 servings Chill until set, cut into squares and serve with a with a dollop of whipped cream
1 cup sour cream (or substitute plain yogurt)
1 teaspoon baking soda
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar (+1/2 cup for sweeter scones)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter (or 1 pkg low fat cream cheese)
1 cup fruit/nuts (optional)
• In a small bowl, blend the sour cream and baking soda, and set aside.
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
• In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, cream of tartar, and salt. Cut in the butter. Stir the egg into sour cream mixture and add into the flour mixture until just moistened. Halve the dough to make two varieties or for smaller scones. Mix in the fruit/nuts.
• Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead briefly. Dough may seem dry, kneading will distribute moisture enough to hold dough together.
• Roll or pat dough into a 3/4 inch thick round. For sweet scones, brush with water before cutting. Dip cut wedges in sugar. Cut into 12 wedges, and place them 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
• Bake 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown on the bottom. If frozen, increase time 2-3 minutes.
Some yummy combinations: Craisin & Almond, Cheddar & Bacon, Chocolate Chip with Glaze.
Basic Glaze for sweet scones
2 Tbs softened butter
2 tsp vanilla
1 Tbs milk
1 cup powdered sugar
Mix butter, vanilla, and milk. Add ½ cup powdered sugar and blend together. Add remaining powdered sugar and blend till smooth.
1 cups water 1 Tbsp. butter 2 ¼ cups bread flour 1 Tbsp. powdered milk 2 Tbsp. sugar 1 tsp. salt 1 ½ tsp. yeast
• Add yeast and sugar to warm water. Let sit till it begins to grow. • In mixer on low speed, add yeast mixture, 1 egg, melted butter, flour, salt, pd milk. • Knead 5-8 minutes. • Makes one pizza crust. • Bake at 375-400 ° till golden brown.
6 hard boiled Eggs (large) 3 Tablespoons mayonnaise or salad dressing (aka: Miracle Whip) 1 Tablespoon sugar 1 teaspoon mustard or honey mustard 1 teaspoon vinegar salt & pepper to taste paprika (optional)
• To boil eggs, place eggs in enough cold water to cover completely, bring to a rolling boil over high heat. • Reduce heat to a lower MEDIUM BOIL and cook an additional 12 minutes. • Promptly chill eggs so yolks stay bright yellow. • Remove shells from eggs by cracking gently all around and rolling egg on counter under gentle pressure from your palm. This loosens the shell and allows you to peel it right off. • Halve eggs lengthwise with a knife. • Carefully remove the yolks, and place in a medium bowl. • Mash yolks with a fork, and add remaining ingredients. • Add yolk mixture to piping bag with star tip or a zip-top baggie with one corner cut off. Use this to fill the egg white bowls with creamy yolk filling. • Garnish with a light sprinkling of paprika (optional).